The Commercial Sales Engineer position will provide professional support, estimates, sales and project management to all existing and potentially new commercial customers. Estimates will primarily focus on replacement equipment and small remodel projects associated with each of the trades Ellingsons offers in ND; Commercial HVAC/Plumbing, Residential HVAC/Plumbing, and Service HVAC/Plumbing, as well as preventive maintenance programs to complement each trade.
It is the Commercial Sales Engineer’s responsibility to take ownership of their customer base through adequate communication, maintaining their preventive maintenance agreements, service requests and planned or unplanned replacement options.
Essential Job Functions
- Seek potential commercial customers for HVAC & Plumbing equipment replacement by cold call, phone, email, mailings, etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with commercial customers
- Create, sell, update, and maintain commercial Preventive Maintenance Contracts
- Produce estimates pertaining to sales opportunities
- Document and Report all sales activity to the VP of Business Development
- Create new construction sales opportunities for Ellingsons.
- Stay current on commercial equipment, technology, rebates, and grants associated with trade specific opportunities
- Organizational skills
- Solution thinking
- Ability to deliver on departmental metrics
- Ability to manage small to medium commercial projects
- Proficient with Microsoft Word/Excel, Outlook, and Web Search
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills to develop relationships throughout the company and customer base
Commercial Sales Skills and Qualifications
- Mechanical, Electrical & DDC equipment knowledge/application
- Plumbing, Electrical & HVAC code knowledge
- Foster Teamwork
- Proven working experience in service or installations
- Promoting process improvement
- Building relationships
- Organizational astuteness
- People skills
Since 1980, the Ellingson Plumbing, Heating, A/C & Electrical team has served our communities with expertise, professionalism, and courtesy. We offer residential, commercial, and industrial plumbing, HVAC, and electrical solutions to central Minnesota and beyond.
With over 120 employees working to provide customers with the best mechanical and electrical solutions, Ellingson’s is committed to treating every valued team member like family. As a relationship-driven company, we strive to be the kind of business you’re proud to work for!Learn more.