The HVAC Installation Apprentice controls their future by earning a wage while building a career. Learn the skills required of the commercial HVAC installation trade while working in a full-time paid employment position with on-the-job training from experienced HVAC journeymen.
The HVAC Installation Apprentice assists in commercial installation projects, installing sheet metal and spiral ducts, rooftop units, and other HVAC equipment. The Apprentice is expected to deliver high-quality work and be productive. Apprentices are expected to go through the company-provided apprenticeship training program to become a skilled HVAC Journeyman.
Essential Job Functions
- Mechanically inclined
- Motivated, self-starter
- Excellent listening skills
- Competent, responsible, organized and team-oriented
- Strong communication and average computer skills
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to operate powered equipment
- Performs all work in a safe manner
- Performs a variety of duties assigned by the Project Manager, Journeyman, Foreman, or Site Supervisor
- Operates powered equipment including hand tools, stationary machines, and others as required
- Maintains a high-quality initiative while completing assigned duties
- Tests for leaks in new and repaired systems
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle and maintain a current driver’s license in order to commute to the various job sites in the region
- Overnight travel as necessary
- Maintain an active state and city license in all city/states you will perform work in
- Attend all apprentice classes
Since 1980, the Ellingson Plumbing, Heating, A/C & Electrical team has served our communities with expertise, professionalism, and courtesy. We offer residential, commercial, and industrial plumbing, HVAC, and electrical solutions to central Minnesota and beyond.
With over 120 employees working to provide customers with the best mechanical and electrical solutions, Ellingson’s is committed to treating every valued team member like family. As a relationship-driven company, we strive to be the kind of business you’re proud to work for!Learn more.